Statisfied is a unique website statistics analyzer that plots real-time traffic on a geographical (Google) map. I turned on Statisfied for Google Maps Mania last night and I'm here to tell you I'm ADDICTED! It works like this: Paste the code into your blog/website/mashup then visit your own Statisfied site to watch the visitors appear on a Google Map in real-time! Take a look! To get this going on your site follow the link from the top ribbon of the map view. I'm so enthralled with this that I'm using it as my screen saver! I leave it running and watch the map change locations every few moments centering on the city and country of my blog's most recent visitor. As if web stats weren't addictive enough already! :)
+ Google Maps API = CalMap - Michael Bolin has created a cool mashup that takes a Google Calendar feed and plots the locations to a map. Right now it's plotting from a hardcoded list but he has plans to use the Google Maps API geocoder for locations CalMap doesn't recognize. For more on CalMap and how you can build this calendar mashup check out the writeup on his blog!
geo:truc tool: Get your coordinates! - lets you find a location on a map, and then provides you with the coordinates in both degrees, minutes, seconds and decimal degrees, lets you bookmark the location, and provides code for different formats : machine tags, geo (microformat), geoJSON (experimental), geoRSS (both simple and GML), HTML meta tags, KML and finally W3C geo.
Related News and Links:
- Google Maps API Blog confirms Russia, Turkey, Lithuania, Slovenia, Taiwan, Croatia, Greece, Thailand and Estonia API sites now have streets!
- Introduction and Yahoo! Pipes (Google Maps API Blog)
- Yahoo! Pipes Adds Geo Data Support (O'Reilly Radar)
- Digg floats API, phishing mashups to come - A great interview with ProgrammableWeb's John Musser talking about the state of APIs today. The headline begs the question: Who will make the first Digg Google Maps mashup?
- LabeledMarker v1.0: Do More with Your Markers! (Google Maps API Blog)
- Gl.obalicio.us - class that manages data for websites using geographic based hierarchical navigation. Check out the demo here.
- Add Webcams to Google "My Maps"
- Google Maps Taps Ajax To Syndicate Automated Feeds, Mashups (Information Week)
- Downloading USGS Topo Maps In GeoPDF Format, And The GeoPDF Plug-In - With a Google Maps interface (FreeGeoTools Blog)
- Mac users get choice for geotagging photos - Reporting on HoudahGeo
- How to get your information into Google Maps (1)
- How to get your information into Google Maps (2): Webcrawler
- How to get your information into Google Maps (3): Local data suppliers
- How to get your information into Google Maps (4): Local Business Center