- PCWorld Magazine - In Pictures: The Strangest Sights in Google Earth
(links to each site on Google Maps)
- Burj Dubai officially becomes the world's tallest building (on July 21st, 2007) (see Google Maps link)
- Lord of the Rings MapTool - Created using the Google Maps API. Would someone please do something like this for the Harry Potter series! :) [via]
The Eco-mmunity Map allows users to list and search for green individuals, businesses, special attractions and action points anywhere in the world. Check out the great map markers and cool info-windows! Very nicely done.
- USER-GENERATED CARTOGRAPHY: Mapmaking for the masses, online - An article by the New York Times' Miguel Helft that discusses how maps creation tools are influencing modern day cartography. This is a great read that articulates the map making craze of today very well.
- Virgin America Airlines and Google Maps In Seatback Maps Deal - (Jaunted)
- Geographic Midpoint Calculator Tool - Calculates the midpoint between 2 geo-locations (Think: trip planning)! [via]
Volkswagen's Night-Driving.com - A promotional site from VW that allows a user to plot their favourite night roads for great driving on a Google Map.
FindByClick's Layercake launches - The popular coffee (Starbucks Tim Hortons and Timothy's) and books (Borders, B&N) finder mashup has undergone a major update to include a new layercake concept that shows you all points from the database in a given area. Simply move the map and all related points for that area show up. Check out this FindByClick blog post for more details..
- RouteYou - Community map site for walking biking, motoring and touring routes
- GSalr - Mashes up Craigslist and other sites that list online garage sale postings. (US)
- Nintendo Wii Players Codes Worldwide - This mashup has a goal of mapping 1 million codes in 1 year commencing 1st August 2007.
- Glowfoto Launches Geotagging Feature, Allows Users to Geographically Tag and Map Photos
- Mashups made easy - FortiusOne makes it easy for anyone to put a mashup on the map (Business 2.0)