Google Maps have celebrated St Patrick's Day by changing the streetview icon to a little green man standing on a shamrock. Although St Patrick's Day is normally March 17th the Roman Catholic Church are observing St. Patrick's Day on March 15th this year. However to confuse the issue even further Dublin's St Patrick's Day parade is taking place, as always, on March 17th.
Some Irish Maps To Get You in the Mood
- IRELAND: Look Around! - LookAroundIreland features maps of castles, scenery, celtic and ancient monuments. Links to 360 degree virtual tours to give you a preview of each location.
- Brú na Bóinne - a video map of a complex of Irish Neolithic chamber tombs.
- Google Sightseeing - a collection of interesting Google Map satellite views of Ireland.
- ProperPint - it wouldn't be St Patrick's Day without a drink. This map reviews and plots Dublin pubs.
- Dart Maps - one of the first real-time transport maps. This map of the trains in Dublin will help you plan that pub crawl.
- Just Routes - this map will work out your Dublin route via public transport (in other words leave the car at home).
- More Ireland Maps