Roadify is a free service that lets drivers tell each other about available street parking through text messaging or Twitter. The service is currently active in Brooklyn (focused on the area around New York Methodist Hospital) and has plans to cover the rest of NYC very soon.
The site is using Google Maps on its home page to indicate the number of parking spots that have been exchanged under the system. The map uses numbered map markers to indicate the number of times a particular parking spot has been passed on. The map is also useful as a guide to where the Roadify system is currently active.
- PrimoSpot - Primo Spot is a map of free on-street parking spots in Manhattan and Brooklyn
- Best Parking - a Google Map that helps drivers to find parking garages and lots in NYC
- AboutAirportParking - uses Google Maps to show the location of car parks around major airports
- Where Not to Park in San Francisco - Google Map showing locations with 100 or more parking citations in San Francisco.
- New York Times Parking Ticket Map - a heat map of traffic citations in New York