Mibazaar has produced a Google Map to commemorate the workers who lost their lives in the Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion.
When the rig exploded on April 20th, 2010 eleven lives were lost. Mibazaar has mapped each of the killed workers to their home towns. Each of the victims are displayed on the map with a small thumbnail photograph. The information windows include a larger photograph and a little background information on each of the men.
The potential oil footprint is also displayed on the map using data from the NOAA.
- NOAA Gulf Response Map
- If it was my home ... - compare the oil spill to your town
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill Map - Google's Crisis Response Team map
- Washington Post: TimeSpace Oil Spill Map - articles and images from the Washington Post
- How Big is the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill?
- Geotagged YouTube Videos of the Oil Spill