Saturday, November 12, 2011

Don't Get Trapped in Street View!

I've just seen my future ... and it isn't pretty.

I spend so much of my life on Google Maps that I run the very real risk of getting trapped inside the virtual world of Street View. A world where all the people I meet have blurred faces and are ghostly shadows of the living breathing lives that I've left behind in the 'real' world.



If this nightmare vision resonates with you then whatever you do don't watch Mercedes Benz's promotional film Escape the Map. If you do you may just never sleep again.

In this nightmarish interactive film a girl is trapped inside the world of Street View. Your job is to help her navigate her way back to the real world. Succeed in this mission and you get the chance to enter a competition to win a Mercedes C-Class Coupe.

"I've heard stories of people seeing themselves on the streets. It's like a doppelganger."

Scary ... but brilliant.

No comments: