Friday, August 03, 2012

Friday Fun with Google Maps

Inyo Butte

A few people have sent me links to this Street View this morning. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed. I did think that readers of Google Maps Mania were too mature for this sort of childish humour.


Wim Wenders in Texas is in an essay on Houston in film by architectural historian Enrique Ramirez. The essay is accompanied by a one-minute animation of Google Street View shots following the 80-mile drive on Interstate 10 from Beaumont, Texas, to Houston.


In Boston Google has caught the U.S. Navy's top secret new matter replicator actually in the process of creating a new ocean going liner. I'm not entirely sure how the process works but from this new aerial view on Google Maps it seems that it somehow transforms water into steel.

No comments: