Friday, July 04, 2014

The United States of Australia


At the risk of once again offending all our American readers on Independence Day may we present to you another alternate history map of the USA. This time we have tried to re-imagine what the map of the United States might look if Australia was ever to invade.

 In this map I've renamed the US states with some of my favorite Australian place names. The New Australia map was really too hard to resist creating. The combination of some wonderful Aboriginal place names with some of Australia's funnier place names just seemed too hard to ignore.

I promise you I just replaced the state names at random -  so please don't get offended. For example renaming Florida - 'Dismal Swamp' was just an unfortunate coincidence ;). I also promise you that these new states have all been named after real Australian locations.

No comments: