Thursday, August 21, 2014

I've Found Your Town on Google Maps


In a vain attempt to get people to try and share my NSFW map on social media I've added a little link to the map which creates a URL for the current map view. The map is a collection of some of the rudest place-names around the world.

You can now grab the URL address for a map view and insult your friends by sharing the link on social media sites such as Twitter. For example you could insult your friends by sending them a link to Bald Knob on the map, like this:

"I've found your town on Google Maps - http://goo.gl/7IHyNr"

I'm sure you can come up with even better insults. To link to a particular map view just click on the 'Get Link' option and cut & paste the address from your browser's URL address bar.

I've also renamed the map Your Town, mainly to provide a little hint about one way the map could be used to insult other people.

No comments: