Thursday, March 01, 2012

Not a Google Map


Very, very rarely an on-line map that doesn't use the Google Maps API is so beautiful that I have to write about it on Google Maps Mania.

This wonderful Flash built map from Envisioning Development falls into that category. The map allows users to select New York City neighborhoods and view a bar chart of the number of families in each income group displayed at the bottom of the map.


I liked this map visualisation so much that last year I tried to create something similar using the Google Maps API. My U.S. Population Map is nowhere near as accomplished as the Envisioning Development map but I think it does point towards how a similar interface could be built using the Google Maps API.

1 comment:

David said...

have a look at map.geo.admin.ch nice and award winning official map viewer of the Swiss government with probably most beautiful maps