Friday, November 08, 2019

Central Park in Green



Day 8 of the #30DayMapChallenge is colored a rather fetching shade of green. For my green map I decided to take a little inspiration from abstract art.

My Kandinsky Park map is a homage to the Russian painter Wassily Wassilyevich Kandinsky. On this map different OSM id numbers have been given a different shade of green and all polygons have been rotated slightly. If you squint your eyes a little the resulting map can at time slightly resemble the artwork of Kandinsky.

There is absolutely no point to this map. The level of abstraction in the geographical data makes it a little hard to use as a map. I do like to think however that my map conforms, at least in part, to Al Capp's definition of abstract art as being "a product of the untalented sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered".

Enjoy.

No comments: