Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Where You Can Vote by Mail



NBC News has created a simple interactive map which explains the mail-in and early in-person voting rules in every state. The Plan Your Vote interactive map explains all you need to know about early and mail in voting across the United States.

The interactive map includes four questions:
  1. Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
  2. Can I register to vote and cast my ballot on the same day?
  3. Can I vote in person before Election Day?
  4. After I vote by mail, can I track my ballot?
Select one of these questions and all the states on the map will be colored to show if the answer is 'yes' or 'no' to that question.

If you select your state from the drop-down menu you can view in more detail the voting rules in your state. These details include the deadline to register to vote in the state, the deadline to request a mail-in ballot and when a mail-in ballot needs to be sent, whether you can vote in person before election day, and the first and last day you can vote early in person.

No comments: