Escoitar is a collaborative sound map for the Galician region in north-west Spain. Using the map it is possible to listen to the waves washing against the shore in Gijon, the ringing of the church bells in Trives and the ambient hustle and bustle of Ourense at night.
There is something particularly evocative about sound maps. Different categories of sound are displayed on this map with coloured map markers. The categories include nature, mechanical, people and religion.
Other Sound Maps
- Open Sound New Orleans - New Orleans sound map
- Tactical Sound Garden - Tactical Sound Garden has created 'sound gardens' in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, San Diego, CA and Zurich, Switzerland.
- Radio Aporee - Sounds recorded around the world and presented on a Google Map.
- Montreal Sound Map - Sounds from Montreal
- Map Your Voice - Map of accents around the world