Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Create a Google Map in Seconds

Map Channels v4

Version 4 of the popular Google Maps creation tool Map Channels was released yesterday. Map Channels lets you quickly and easily create your own Google Map using a Google My Map, KML, GeoRSS, Tab-delimited text or a Google Spreadsheet.

I managed to create this London Video Map in about two minutes from a Google My Map. Essentially all I needed to do was post in the URL of my Google My Map to create a finished map.

Despite the ease of use of Map Channels there are also a large number of options available. You can define the initial map view, use your own marker images, add traffic and Panoramio layers, set the map language and adjust a number of other map settings.

Once a map is created you get a URL for your map or you can embed the map in your own website or blog.

_____________

No comments: