Thursday, August 20, 2015

The San Francisco Movie Map


Yesterday I watched the Rise of the Planet of the Apes for the first time. I did like the monkeys but I have to say I was more impressed by the San Francisco locations used in the film. If only there was a way to discover the exact locations used in the film.

Filmed in San Francisco maps all the locations in San Francisco used in movies since January 2013. The map is based on all the film permits issued by the San Francisco Film Office between January 2013 and August 2015.

You can search the map by location simply by clicking on the markers on the map. Alternatively you can use the list in the map sidebar to find a film by name and then view all the San Francisco film locations used in that film on the map. Each film includes a brief note on the scene location. You can even click through to view the original filming permission issued by the San Francisco Film Office.

Unfortunately the Rise of the Planet of Apes was filmed too long ago to make it on to this map. I guess I'll never find out the name of that huge red bridge used in the film.

No comments: