Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Google Map for Interactive Whiteboards


GmapGIS is an easy to use Google Map creation tool which allows you to quickly draw polygons, lines, labels and markers on a map and then save for later use or editing.

There are obviously many possible uses for GmapGIS. One use which instantly springs to my mind is that it is the perfect map tool for teachers to use with an interactive whiteboard. Using the Google Maps satellite view with the drawing tools GMapsGIS would be a great aide to geography teachers teaching geological features.

Teachers could also set students projects to create and save maps with GMapGIS which they could then present to the whole class.

There are obviously many other possible uses for GMapGIS, in and outside the classroom.

3 comments:

Jerry Swiatek said...

This looks great, but I am still partial to ScribbleMaps - http://scribblemaps.com. It's really simple to use and, in my opinion, has better drawing tools. Check it out.

B.Ashton said...

Teacher would make it more understandable to their student. Amazing Tool!

Ashton Austin said...

I have tried the similar tools on Wikimapia where I locate my home and provide them name and more so when anybody search in google with given name and location found wikimapia results. I ll try the same with google as well.