Monday, October 14, 2019

Monday's Map Game



Don't start work yet! At least not until you've played How Many US Cities Can You Name? How Many US Cities Can You Name is a very simple but strangely addictive game which requires you to name as many US cities as you can.

That's it! You just need to type US city names. Every city you enter will be highlighted on the map. As you add cities to the map the game keeps a running score of how many cities you've named, how many people live in the cities you've named and what percentage of the total US urban population you have named so far. The aim of the game (at least it is my aim) is to get as near to 100% as you can.

After 5 minutes of play I have named 21 cities, with a total population of 26,306,187. That is 11.51% of U.S. urban population. I still have 88.5% to go.

However I'm going to pause playing How Many US Cities Can You Name for a while while I play How Many European Cities Can You Name? How Many European Cities Can You Name has exactly the same rules. Only this time you have to name European cities. My tip is to start by trying to name all the capital cities of Europe.

No comments: