The Twixt Aire and Calder Project in the UK have released a Google Map to showcase their collection of historical photographs of the area.
Images from the Twixt Aire and Calder archive have been plotted on the map close to the location where they were taken. The photogrpahs have been grouped by date and it is possible to select to view photographs on the map by various date ranges.
Each photograph also has an option to view an historical Ordnance Survey map from the same date (or as close as possible) as when the photograph was taken.
- Then & Now - Australian Google Map showing historical photos alongside Street View images
- LookBackMaps - collection of historical photographs compared to Street View
- Utrecht van Boven - historical photos of Utrecht on a Google Map
- Sydney Sidetracks - a map of audio, video and photographic records of Sydney's past
- HistoGrafica - historical photographs on Google Maps
- Virtual Time Travel - archive film of locations. One of my own old mashups. Some of the videos may now have been removed from YouTube but there are still enough old films here to make it worth a visit.