Monday, May 24, 2010

Google Open Sources My Tracks

My Tracks

Google have open sourced the code of their Android live tracking app My Tracks.

My Tracks enables you to record GPS tracks from your mobile phone and view live statistics – such as time, speed, distance, and elevation – while hiking, biking, running or participating in other outdoor activities. Once recorded, you can then view your track on Google Maps (Google have a number of samples of maps created with My Tracks here).

So if you are planning to build a real-time tracking application for the Android market then a good place to start could be the My Tracks source code.

Via: cnet

________________

1 comment:

Android GPS Apps said...

I am glad that Google did this one. They have helped so many with their applications and I am impressed with that.