Saturday, February 22, 2014

Gingee Fort on Street View


This week Google released some truly amazing Street View imagery in India. Much of the publicity surrounding the release has focused on the Street View imagery from the Taj Mahal. The Taj Mahal imagery is fantastic but I've found myself over the last few days spending most of my time exploring the extraordinary Street View imagery of Gingee Fort.

Gingee Fort in Tamil Nadu is a truly huge fort complex consisting of eight miles of fort walls connecting three large hillocks, each of which themselves are topped by huge fortifications. I'd never heard of Gingee Fort before so, while exploring the fort in Street View, I've found myself scouring the internet trying to find out more about the various buildings and landmarks within the fort complex.

This morning I quickly put together a map of Gingee Fort with links to some of the best Street Views I've found within the fort. I have included any information I've been able to discover about the amazing buildings and landmarks in the fort.

No comments: