Friday, October 23, 2009

Broadband Speed test on Google Maps

Top 10 Broadband

Top 10 Broadband is a free to use broadband speed tester for the UK. The site can test your broadband speed and can then show you how your broadband speed compares with the speed of your neighbours' broadband.

There are many factors that can affect your broadband speed. Your geographical proximity to an exchange can effect the speed of your internet connection. Therefore it is very useful to be able to compare the speed of your service with the speed of your neighbours' connections, especially when they are using different service providers.

Having tested my broadband connection I'm pleased to find that I have chosen the service provider with the fastest speeds in my neighbourhood. However I'm slightly disappointed to find that my connection is significantly slower than others using the same provider - doh!

Via: Mapperz

_____________

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This information was useful for me. Beside hiding your IP address, You can check your internet speed here http://www.ip-details.com/.