Schmap.it is a platform to share events and places easily on Twitter. For example, if you are holding a conference, you can create a Schmap.it page that will show the location of the conference, via a Google Map, and also display all the latest tweets about the conference.
By way of demonstration, here's a Schmap for next week's Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco, http://schmap.it/n68cto
The service, however, is not restricted to conferences. During two week's of pilot testing Schmap.it has seen:
- Bands promoting gigs; bars and DJs sharing parties
- Shops and restaurants with openings and special offers
- Churches sharing meetings; charities holding fundraisers
- Casting calls from agencies; job fair announcements
- Realtors promoting open houses and many more uses