The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority are currently trialling a Google Maps based live real-time bus tracking system for five bus routes. Using the trial map commuters can see the real-time locations of buses and obtain real-time arrival predictions for each bus-stop on a route.
Buses on the map are shown with numbered map markers that contain arrows indicating the direction of travel. Stops are shown as small red circles along the route. You can determine the name of a stop simply by moving the mouse over it and get arrival prediction by clicking the marker.
The trial seems to be being developed with the help of NextBus, who already provide real-time live bus tracking maps in San Francisco.
Other Train & Bus Tracking Maps
- Swiss Trains - every train in the Swiss rail network in real-time.
- Live Helsinki Transit Map
- Joey Tracker - map showing the real-time position of the shuttle buses for Tufts University in Boston.
- NextBus - shows in real-time San Francisco buses on a Google Map
- Local.ch - live tram tracking in Zurich
- Chicago Transit Authority Map - Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) real time bus tracking of routes and buses.
- GMaps Flight Tracker - inbound flight maps to some busy U.S. airports: Atlanta, Boston, JFK New York, Los Angeles and Chicago
- North American flight tracker! - works for most commercial flights originating and arriving in the United States and/or Canada
- Radar - tracking flights over Zurich